Home Sleep Study
A professional sleep study can now be performed in the comfort and convenience of your own home across Australia.
What is a home sleep study?
If you wake every morning feeling tired and unrested (although you've just spent the last 8+ hours in bed), or you struggle to stay awake throughout the day, you may be suffering from a sleep disorder. Conditions such as obstructive sleep apnea, excessive daytime sleepiness and insomnia all disrupt sleep and can have serious health consequences if left untreated.
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is estimated to affect 5-10% of Australian adults1. However, the actual percentage is difficult to determine as about 80% of affected Australians are undiagnosed2. This statistic is particularly concerning as OSA can lead to more severe co-morbidities such as hypertension, heart disease, and stroke if left untreated.
The best method for diagnosing OSA is a sleep study (polysomnogram) traditionally performed in a sleep clinic or hospital. However, there is now a more accessible and convenient alternative. Thanks to advanced portable technology, sleep studies can now be performed in the comfort and convenience of the patients' homes.
What Does a Home Sleep Study record:
- Brain and cardiac activity,
- Breathing patterns,
- Blood oxygen levels,
- Limb movement,
- Body position,
- and much more.
What are the Advantages of a Home Sleep Study:
- The diagnostic equipment is conveniently delivered to your home to suit your schedule,
- No need to take time off work,
- No travel or parking fees,
- No hospital bed fees,
- Easy to fit and set up,
- Move freely and perform most everyday activities while wearing the diagnostic unit,
- Follow your regular evening routine and begin your sleep study when you're ready,
- Roll over in bed easily,
- Use the bathroom at any time during the night without asking permission from a technician,
- FAST RESULTS! A full specialist report is available in ten business days,
- Sleep study reported by experienced Sleep Scientists and Specialist Sleep Physicians based in Australia,
- Start treatment the next day.
Apart from the unrivalled comfort and convenience, a home sleep study costs 25% less on average than a clinic or hospital study3. A home sleep study also saves other travel costs such as petrol, parking fees and time-off work.
How to Arrange a Home Sleep Study:
- Determine your risk of OSA by completing your FREE online Sleep Apnea Risk Profile,
- Discuss your Sleep Apnea Risk Profile results with a sleep health expert by clicking the orange button below. (Cost and obligation-free).
Or click the button below to schedule a convenient time, and a Care Coordinator will happily call you:
- Arrange a convenient date to perform your home sleep study,
- The diagnostic unit will arrive at your home address on the day of your sleep study. Before bed, fit the diagnostic unit following the simple instructions provided. Your assigned sleep therapist will be on standby should you need assistance during the night of your study,
- The following day, detach, repack and return the diagnostic equipment using the complimentary freight satchel provided,
- A full copy of your study results with treatment recommendations will be sent to you (and your GP if you like) within ten business days. Your sleep therapist will arrange a time to sit down with you over the phone (Covid-19 safe) to discuss your results in detail and explain your treatment recommendations provided by the sleep specialist physician.
The increased comfort, convenience and cost savings of a Home Sleep Study make it an excellent alternative to the traditional clinic or hospital sleep study.
If you (or someone you know) suffers from OSA, complete our FREE online Sleep Apnea Risk Profile for more information. Or contact us for a cost and obligation-free chat by clicking the CALL NOW button below. We're here to help.
What patients like you are saying...
Great to deal with, very in depth and good explanations. Happy to help you work it all out!
Great experience - Excellent communication and personal and professional service.
I didn't know I really had sleep apnea and was surprised when the sleep test and report showed how badly my sleep was being affected.
Get in touch
Are you ready to reclaim peaceful restorative sleep?
Wherever you are, we can help.
As Australia's leading provider of telehealth screening, diagnosis and solutions for 'sleep disordered breathing' sufferers, we care for people all around Australia.
Call during business hours or fill in the form and we'll call you back at the time you choose. No cost, no obligation.