In Home Sleep Studies Across Australia
Diagnostic sleep studies are a necessary prerequisite for the professional treatment of sleep disordered breathing conditions.
And now you can get a true diagnostic sleep study in the privacy, comfort and convenience of your own home.
Up until recently, sleep studies (or 'polysomnograms') could only be performed in a hospital-based setting, where a sleep scientist or technician would set up the recording equipment and monitor you during the night. Not surprisingly, many people found it difficult to experience a normal or comfortable night's sleep in this unnatural setting.
But our new, state-of-the-art portable diagnostic technology means you can now have a full diagnostic sleep study (not just a screening test), in the comfort and privacy of your own bedroom.
Importantly, as a patient of Sleep Clinic Services, you do not need to visit a hospital or sleep lab to have the diagnostic sleep unit fitted. Instead, your sleep study unit will be delivered to your home on a date you choose.
Setup is easy, with detailed step by step video and printed instructions. A Sleep Therapist is available on-call to assist if you experience any problems.
Eligible patients are entitled to a generous Medicare contribution. An out-of-pocket expense applies for the clinical preparation fee, which covers:
- Delivery and insurance costs to get the unit to and from your residence (other in-home providers require you travel to them for fitting)
- Refurbishment of the diagnostic equipment
- Replacement of 'consumables' used during your study such as electrodes, nasal cannulas, etc.,
- Technical configuration of the equipment for your sleep study
- Sleep data downloads, transfers
- and a one-on-one 'plain english' explanation of your results with an expert Sleep Therapist (other providers require you visit and pay fees).
Apart from the obvious convenience of having the study at home instead of in a sleep lab, this clinical preparation fee is also often significantly cheaper than the lost time and costs associated with doing the study overnight in a sleep lab or hospital ward.
If you need a sleep study or know someone who does, call 1300 246 637 now or contact us via the form below.